Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Twincity Marathon 2017

Sunday was the happiest day in 2017!

A good laugh, a long run and a perfect timing!

I'm overwhelmed.

Thank you pacer, volunteers & organizer for the almost perfect event. Love the running tee (first time suka running tee) & finisher tee cos it fit me perfectly! 

Flag off at 4.00am.

Start run with easy pace. Didn't bother to overtake runners in front of me. Don't want to waste energy for that. Yes, trying to overtake runners at the beginning of a race boleh buat kita hilang energy. 

So I ran, happily. After 1km, jalan clear. Tapi still continue dengan pace yang sama for few km. Pace kali ni adalah few seconds faster than my last marathon (Putrajaya Night Marathon - 2 months ago).

Aku completed 10km in 1:01 - that was fast for me, considering I have to maintain my performance & energy for another 32km.

At 20km, aku clocked in 2:01 - That was, wow. Berjaya maintain pace yang sama. Good job. Energy level tip top. Leg & body performance still at its best.

During race kali ni, aku tak makan apa2. Last time masa PNM, aku bawa satu bar choc sneakers. Bite sikit2 sampai habis lari. This time pun aku ada bawak choc sneakers. Tapi tak makan sebab rasa heartburn kat dada & throat. Rasa bloated tapi tak lepas nak sendawa. Maybe sebab aku makan nasi lauk pedas 3 jam sebelum lari. Seriously tak selesa.

Luckily ada serve pisang & coke kat water station. Makan half ja pastu minum coke. Coke boleh buat aku sendawa.. dan yes, lega wehh dapat sendawa. Hilang semua rasa bloated, heartburn tadi.

Tak ingat kat km berapa, tengah enjoy lari, pacer 4:30 stop dan lead runners ke arah lain. Marshall takde katanya. Masa ni aku rasa sebiji macam Compressport event last year - berpuluh runners berkumpul tengah jalan looking for route & direction. How on earth can this happened? 

Nasib baik salah sorang runners perasan route yang kami guna tu tempat yang sama kami lari awal2 tadi. So we decided to turned back. 

At this time, I was mad and frustrated. Coz my timing lari & kena lari extra 1 km pulak tu. Haish. One of the guy pujuk aku.. "at least u ran ultramarathon today".. Aku senyum je. If I wanted to run ultra, I'd go for Watergate event, bro. But I know he just wanted to cheer me up. Okay lah..

Mental dah a bit down time ni. Lebih stress bila tengok ramai women runners yang aku overtake dari awal dah ada kat depan. Uwaa... 

Too bad, aku tak sabar time ni. Hilang arah jap. 

Iincreased my pace  a lil too early. Not a good move. Well, there goes all my energy that I carefully saved in the bank. Wasted.

At km36, my pace dropped. Mental down. Rasa nak jalan je. Actually, I did jalan sikit2 especially lepas minum kat water station. Tapi tak lama lah. 

My legs performance still at its best. But my body a bit tense kat shoulder blades. Maybe sebab the unexpected strides aku buat lepas sesat tadi. Dan worst, my mind not cooperating.. haha. I need my motivator ❤

Tapi aku terus gak lari dengan average pace 7:30 untuk last 6km. Sempat okay, berenti makan aiskrim malaysia perisa asam boy. It tastes soo goood! Punyalah main2 aku lari taim ni.

Towards finishing line, everything was awesome! All pacers, runners standing, cheering & shouting my name. Tak perasan sangat muka memasing. Aku just perasan muka Tahira (pacer sub4) & sorang pacer for HM congrats me for completing my sub5.

My unofficial timing for Twincity Marathon 2017 is 4:41

Yeay! I managed to create another personal best in 2 months! Mission accomplished! 

I felt great at once. Finished strong. My legs are awesome. 
And the rest is history ourstory :)

............................. 

Balik dari marathon masih boleh kemas rumah, masak, dukung Aleesya, etc. Even tadi gi ofis pun takde drama turun naik tangga. 

Esok nak buat recovery run :)

I feel good.. na~na~na~na


Yes, I achieved my PB!

No comments: