Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Running with a pacer

My friend, Khai wanted to join the Malaysia Women Marathon. Since he's not a women, he have to register himself partnering with a women participants. They call it a pacer.

Just now he registered himself as my pacer (which I don't mind at all). But one thing I still didn't realise is, I have to run all the way 42km with him. Means moving at the same speed with him from start to finish. 

I really freaked out when he called tadi to inform about this.

His pace is 6 minutes per km! Mine is 7 to 8 minutes per km. That a HUGE difference!

Its only 32 days left before race day.

My target is actually to finish the race in 5 hours and 30 minutes.

If his pace is 6 mins. Means he can finish the race in 4 hours and 30 minutes!!

That is 1 hour gap!

How is it possible for me to increase my speed to cover that BIG gap in so little time??

Double pressure right now.





No comments: