Thursday, October 30, 2014

How I see myself 20 years from now

She's my new idol.

She was a housewife with two small daughters when she decided to run. Before that, she had never run a single step. At that time, she was 27 years old.

Now she's 60 years old! And still running! Laju gila pulak tu. I bet no women kat Malaysia ni boleh lari full marathon selaju dia.

Now, its a challenge for me. I might not gonna win a world class marathon, but InsyaAllah, one day, I will win one of Malaysian punya marathon and own that title for as long as I can.


Quotes by Christine:

"When I'm out there, I never think about how old I am or how young my competitors are. No, not at all. I guess if I were in my 30s and a 50-year-old passed me, I'd be devastated. But what I hope I'm doing is encouraging and motivating other people to keep going," Kennedy says.

"I know so many runners who live in the past and don't make adjustments physically or mentally for their age. They end up injured and not racing. I try to dwell in the present and recognize the limitations placed on me by age. Just because a person is 55 doesn't mean she can't get out on the track and do some speed work. I love the feel of doing speed work. Running has made me who I am and I don't want to lose that, and I hope I can inspire some women to keep running as they get older."

No comments: