Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Sultan Mahmud Bridge International Marathon

Free runcation!
Running is not just about fun anymore. It give me more chances to get free vacations. But only if I win lah kan.. hihi. Those cash prizes are more than enough to cover for fuel expenses, toll & accommodation & big feast treats during my runcation. And for that, I must train hard to win for my next and every race. Gitu.
 
We left KL on Friday morning. Thought wanna have few pitstop along Kuantan – Terengganu beach for food-hunting like we did few years back during our last trip. But, nan ado. Sadly, GPS took us to a different route along Lebuhraya Pantai Timur which is sooo boring-no-view-no-food-stall-except-R&R. And toll fees cost more than RM100 tau (pergi balik). But good things is, we arrived there faster.
 
It took us only 5 hours to reached Kuala Terengganu. Keluar toll je jumpa the famous Kampung Losong and we was like, yeayyy! Terus mark untuk shopping keropok losong for families. 

We had our early dinner at Kuala Terengganu Waterfront. The view was stunning with the well-known Sultan Mahmud Bridge, the boats, the huge river etc. If its not because of the rain, we could have spent our time a little longer there.
 
Checked in at Grand Puteri Hotel (8 minutes’ drive from race venue). My original plan was to stay in Pantai Batu Buruk Resort (3 minutes’ walk from race venue). But I was too late. The resort was fully book.. sob sob. The beach is sooo beautiful tau. Tapi takpe lah, next time.
 
Dozed off right after checked in our room.
 
Mamoru  woke me up at 10pm. It was still raining.. and sejukk. I almost want to tell him that I don’t feel like running. Since this run is just one of my LSD, I could do it any other day. Besides, it was so cold that night. 

But after I gave myself some pep-talk, I finally managed to get out of bed. Wheww.. Actually, I don’t want to disappoint Mamoru. Hes been so kind drove 494km from KL to Terengganu just to send me here. So, kena lah lari. Besides, kiddos was really excited about my run. They always expecting me to win a huge trophy every time I join a race. Told them, mommy not gonna always win. But they keep saying its ok, mommy can always train harder – then win (aww, kiddos. You always make mommy nervous and motivated at the same time – thank you)
 
Drove alone to starting point since kiddos were all asleep. It was still drizzling at Pantai Batu Burok. 
 
Saw quite a few familiar faces. Happy! Chit chat, catching up a bit before the race started.
 
Flag off at 12am. I run contentedly at my happy pace. Enjoying the breathtaking night view around the Kuala Terenganu city. Especially the China town & the bridge area. Water station every 4km, Marshall everywhere on the road. Aid station, RELA, BOMBA, Ambulances, POLICE were all on standby along the route. And the best part is the road closure! I can run in the middle of the road without worry getting hit by any vehicle. A very well organized event.
 
I maintained the same pace all the way until 30km. Even at the hills. Legs felt great. I knew I was In the top 10 runners for Malaysian Women Open. But I didn’t bother to increase my pace as I thought that the prizes are only for top 3 winners. 

Somehow, with the same pace, I managed to pass over few female runners and placed myself in top 5. The 4th female runners was only 15 seconds ahead of me.. haha. As mentioned, I have no idea about the winning prizes.. hihi.  My intention running here is only for fun.. and to bank more mileage for my targeted race. Winning is just a bonus.
 
Finished my run in 4:21. Better timing. Felt so strong. Really happy with my performance. But I still got a long way to go. Need to keep training to be better.

Anyway, Sultan Manmud Bridge is going to be one of my favourite marathon. Will definitely repeat next year. InsyaAllah.

Happy face 😊😊😊😊

Still have to work on my heart rate. 
My cadence was at its best : average 98 rpm (or 196 spm). No doubt. But speed.. hm.. need to work on that.

Theres so much to improve.

No comments: