Sunday, January 01, 2023

How I start the first day of 2023

I think I did great this morning.

Starting my first 1km with slow pace as there is to many strollers and kids blocking me and I thought standing 20 meters behind the starting line is a good idea as it will avoid me from sprinting - well my bad - its the worst idea actually. Coz this is a 5km fun run. I should stand at the starting line - not 20 meters behind it. It take a lot of energy to zig-zag the crowd. And at 500 meters after the flag off, the 5km & 10km runnners converged  at the same road. And at one point, I was hit by a runner who carelessly cross my path and stumbled into me - I was shocked and stopped a bit. He didnt even say sorry. Uwaa... 

I only managed to move away from the crowd after 2km - at a junction which seperated the 10km and 5km runners. I lost lotsa time here. Tskk.

Overall, I did good. Followed my targeted decending pace. At the last km, I met coach Edan. He was pacing his student and I managed to keep up with them before I left them behind and sprinted 300 meters to finishing. 

I am so proud of myself. No PB but I felt great. I felt energetic even after the sprint. And yes, my timing improve 3 minutes from KLSCM.

Now, I wanted to do more 5km. Improved my timing and most inportant, to find a race which have timing chip for 5km (because this KL New Year Run doesnt provide chip for 5km category)


Thank you Mamoru for drove me here and support my self training and my run.


 

1 comment:

mrmama4f said...

great sis!..bestnyaa badan pon ringan je kan if bersukan ni..